Wednesday, June 4, 2014

More or less


This is the glamorous side of etsy. Not familiar with etsy? Go here, and don't ask me what etsy stands for.....I have no idea. However it has been a great place to sell items to people all over this planet and for that I am very thankful.


I have a minimalist approach when it comes to shipping, yeah I live by the seat of my pants. Don't get me wrong I want your items to arrive safely but not at the cost of excessive packaging that will most likely end up in a rubbish heap somewhere. So when I make things for etsy I do consider ease of shipping as an important factor as to whether or not I want to make and sell this item online.
Presentation is also important to me. I want my packaging to represent my sense of thrift and attitude towards life; recycle, re-use, and re-purpose.



Knowledge comes in a slim package.....not sure who said that but I bet they were important or at least good looking. Paper does feel good in the hands though. Hard to replicate with a digital download, although it would decrease paper usage and shipping costs come to think of it. I suppose one could chase their tail all day long if one wanted to. We do the best we can and then call it good.



I used to think that minimalism was an excuse to do less and in a way it is. But it is so much more than that. When you really start to understand it you realize it represents more thought and less 'get er done.' Less is more.

No comments:

Post a Comment