Thursday, April 17, 2014

Chilly day, warm studio


Yesterday was another fabulous day in the studio. Slightly crappy weather out but warm in the studio as the bisque kiln was finishing a cycle. I started my day with finishing this hand built tea pot. It's been in a box for ages, patiently waiting for a handle. I finally got it together to try copper wire. This is an old piece of heavy gauge copper wire from our old power lines on the island. After bending it and getting it to fit well on the pot I wrapped the connections for looks and security. I'm happy! I still need to file the wire ends a bit.

Here is a new cup I designed on Tuesday. I took it out of the damp room and put colored slip and a handle on the cup. Another happy moment to my day. I loved the form so much a made a bunch of little ones for snifters. 


From above.



It was a busy day in the studio! Joyce made a fabulous salad, we sung happy birthday to Mari (she is 28 again), and had a happy day chatting, creating, and otherwise having the time of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment